Friday, May 29, 2009

Have you said "Thank you" Lately?


I don't usually get mushy on the blog because it is hard for me to open up at times, but I feel like it is ok to open up every once in while.  Now this will be the Inner Jen speaking lol, so i'll try to leave the funny comments and jokes out.  As most of you know, I am a Physical Therapist Assistant and I do home health.  There is such a variety of people that I see and as we do therapy, I like to talk to them and get to know them a bit.  I hear story after story about what happens to these people in a lifetime (and You can only believe the sane ones...dang it..there goes a joke..sorry)  but it makes me realize on a daily basis about how blessed I really am.  It breaks my heart when a patient is all alone with no family to visit, or to take care of them, or to call.  I see kids with various problems and it makes me think of my nieces and nephews and how grateful I am that they are healthy like they are.  I have my legs, my hands, my arms, my eyes, and I don't face physical pain on a daily basis.  I have never lost a child, or watched as my family got in a wreck, or had to send my husband off to war only to never see him again.  I could go on and on but I don't want to lose your attention.  We all have problems, health issues, family issues...etc.  But if you can call one person when you are in trouble and need help and know they will be there, then you are blessed.  If you could put on your own clothes today, then you are blessed.  If your child can run outside and play, then consider yourself blessed.  I will always be grateful for what I have and I am glad that I get reminded of that on a daily basis.  So this is my thanks for today, my thanks for what I have in my life.  

6 comments:

Scott and Kel said...

Amen sista...thanks for the reminder :)

Lusks in LOVE said...

So true Jen- I totally agree.

The Cook Clan said...

That was a neat reminder! Thanks!!! We all need to be reminded of how blessed we really are!

Just Us said...

Beautifully said!! How are you...you guys still wanna come and see us???

Casey and Kristi said...

I really liked this post. Sometimes we all need that extra reminder to be thankful for what we have and not dwell on others. Thanks.

Grandma T said...

A good reminder to us all. As I have watched mom and dad, it makes me thankful as well. And it makes me not want to get old. I LOVE your inner thoughts. thanks for sharing and for reminding me of how blessed we really are.