Monday, October 20, 2008

Statue?

Ok so here was the question I recieved....."If there was a statue to honor you, what would it be made of and what victory would it commemorate?" Here is my response....
Statue in my Honor? Wow, intense. Ok so it will be made of a few various things...It would be composed of Stainless Steel For a few reasons, 1 because I view myself to have a tough exterior, durable, and when something gets thrown on me it is easily wiped away. The inside of the statue will be made of coal...don't jump to conclusions...the reason is because the more years I experience in my life I believe shape and mold me and will in turn make me more beautiful like a diamond. Where my heart is supposed to be there will be a picture of my family because they are the one thing I depend on to live. My mouth will be an MP3 player playing my favorite music, religious and non religious because that is what brings me peace and happiness. In the palm of my hand the word "Hope" will be engraved because most of my life so far I have held on to Hope. The victory it will commemorate is simply surviving. Surviving everything life threw at you, you threw at yourself, and doing your best to put it all together to make sense.

I just pictured it...it's not a pretty statue!! But hey, it is what it is. So I pose the same question to you.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your statue! Also the family pictures look like so much fun! you did great!

Ranay said...

Whoooo - that's deep, Jen! I'll have to think real hard on that one!

Casey and Kristi said...

JEN!! How are you my Thompson sister??? I found your blog through Jessica Lambson and had to say hi!! Your Hawaii pictures are beautiful by the way. And if you ever want to practice photography, my family is more than up for it!!

Grandma T said...

I will have to think on that one as well, deep thoughts by Jack Handy! hee hee. You are blogging up a storm. I'm going to have to get back on it!